Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A Once and Future Classic?

I've seen the musical 'Camelot' and Disney's 'The Sword in the Stone' is my favorite of their older animated movies so when I ran across a mention of the source material (and how good it was) I finally took the plunge and ordered a copy of 'The Once and Future King.'  I've only read the first half so I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but the article I had read outlining someone's favorite books along with all the lovely reviews certainly got me a bit more excited than I am at present.  Maybe the last half will surprise me.  It isn't a bad book, not by any means, but for all of the hype I was expecting something a little different.  It is definitely worth a read but it likely won't make my personal top ten, which isn't quite fair as there are some classics in that list that have stood the test of centuries, perhaps I should add a section for 'modern favorites?'

No comments:

Post a Comment