Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Juvenile Literature?

“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.” C.S. Lewis

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” C.S. Lewis

I must agree with the esteemed Mr. Lewis, for some of my favorite books are labeled 'children's stories,' even my preferred genre of writing was once consigned to the kids' department.  I am glad society is finally starting to notice that just because something may be enjoyed by children does not necessarily mean they are the only ones who can benefit from it.  So go dig out your favorite books from your youth or go explore the kids' section at your local bookstore, you never know what you will find!  I'd recommend Shel Silverstein or Sandra Boynton for starters, when was the last time you read a good board book?

No comments:

Post a Comment