Thursday, September 10, 2015

Deadlines

One perk of being an indie author is no deadlines, until now.  I am trying out the new feature at smashwords called an 'asset-less preorder,' which is basically an announcement that your book is going to be published on day X but you don't have the final manuscript done yet.  I like the preorder feature but previously you had to finish the book and then put it up for preorder, whereas I would like to publish the thing the minute I have it finished.  This way, I can use preorder without having the book done yet and get the best of both worlds, but now I also have a deadline.  The book is two thirds done and the release date is November 17th, I should be able to make it.

It is the fourth book in my 'In Shadow' series, so if you have noticed a slight price increase in the boxed set, it is in anticipation of the next book joining the series.  Those of you who have already purchased the 'In Shadow' boxed set are in luck, you get a freebie!  Take a sneak peek at the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment